Life at Think Through Math
As a high-growth company, Think Through Math provides an amazing opportunity to learn, grow and create your own path towards success. We believe each of us is responsible for creating a great culture that promotes openness, creativity and achievement. The most important thing we do every day is to ensure that the students and educators we serve achieve their goals.
As part of the Think Through Math team, you’ll enjoy a super-friendly work environment filled with hard-working motivated types, competitive health and dental coverage, paid time off, and the option to participate in the company’s 401K.
From our blog
Students embrace classroom program, complete millions of complex problems daily during 2014-15 school year. Think Through Learning, creators of Think Through Math, a web-based math instructional system for grades 3…Read More →
Ms. Garza, 4th Grade Math Teacher at Mendiola Elementary School, La Joya District As a 4th grade math teacher, my dual language, low socioeconomic class has been using Think Through Math…Read More →
- Blended Learning
- Support Your RTI Strategy
- English Language Learners
- Special Education Students
- Intensive Summer Program
Think Through Math works well in a blended learning “Rotation Model” approach for a dynamic classroom that meets the needs of every student.
A rotation model classroom set up allows teachers the ability to maximize time for personalized learning, striving to reach each student with the right lesson at the right time. Blended learning is about creating a flexible space where teachers leverage tools and resources to engage kids in a truly personalized learning experience. Whether it’s a station rotation, lab rotation, flipped classroom, or an individual rotation approach, Think Through Math works by offering students a personalized math learning environment wherever or whenever they want. With our one-to-one live teacher support, every student has a personal teacher assisting them when they need it, if they need it, to ensure success.
Response to Intervention (RTI) encourages the practice of providing high-quality instruction and interventions that match students’ individual learning needs. Think Through Math is supporting the RTI strategy in hundreds of districts nationwide. As an adaptive solution, the program supports students in each tier with adaptive placement, ongoing assessment, and targeted instruction.
It’s our mission to provide a learning system that supports your district’s math goals. It’s our job to provide one that is efficient, cost-effective, and flexible. Think Through Math is a simple system that addresses the needs of every student.
- TTM at Tier 3: intensive intervention for students who need to rebuild their foundation (as the technology rotation in a blended classroom with a master teacher)
- TTM at Tier 2: targeted remediation for students who are working a year or two behind (on some or all concepts)
- TTM at Tier 1: supplemental instruction and practice for students working close to grade level
Students working above grade level in math also need special support. Too often, these students can become bored and frustrated with being forced to work on content that is below their level of proficiency, resulting in disengagement or behavioral problems.
Think Through Math is an ideal enrichment solution, offering students progressively more challenging and rigorous content in response to their performance on each lesson. Students can continue to progress into higher grade-level content, presented through authentic and relevant math problems, at their own paces, while still having support when necessary from the on-line certified Think Through Math teachers. Think Through Math’s problem-solving format strengthens the critical-reasoning skills required to solve advanced mathematical problems, by teaching a student to create a plan for solving the problem, execute the plan, verify the results of the plan, and reflect on the outcome of the plan.
Think Through Math’s unique system of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation elements challenges high-performing students to take on increasingly more complex topics and rewards them for both effort and accuracy, keeping them excited about their own accomplishments.
Think Through Math provides unparalleled support in Spanish. Students who are learning English do best when they have scaffolding that supports their learning. That’s why Think Through Math incorporates multiple means of support including visual, auditory, simple language, meaningful practice, and impeccable translations. On many levels, the program supports ELLs as well as every struggling reader by providing lessons that are consistently structured and carefully executed. And, if students continue to struggle, they have unlimited access 90 hours a week to fluent, Spanish-speaking teachers.
- Ongoing audio support in Spanish enables students to hear and read with examples of modeled fluent reading.
- Introductory videos help students build background knowledge and develop mental models.
- Live, certified U.S. math teachers are fluent in English and Spanish.
- Multi-cultural content makes the program relevant to students from diverse backgrounds.
- Adaptive content helps students work in their zone of proximal development.
- Built-in scaffolds allows students to focus on the math.
- Oral language development and academic language strategies are integrated into the teaching materials and engage students with accountable response tasks.
Special Education professionals have always relied on a high degree of individualization and differentiation. Think Through Math is built upon these principles and includes many features for students with special needs.
- Age-appropriate, adaptive software allows students to move at their own paces and receive individualized instruction.
- Multimodal curriculum ensures all students see it, hear it, read it, and do the math.
- Every student has access to a live math teacher at strategic points in instruction to help them take the next step.
- Students who need more help on basic concepts can be taken to our Concept Zone, so that they can interact live with a teacher through a two-way, virtual interactive whiteboard.
- Highly motivational incentives ensure that students are engaged and on-task.
- Universal Design features and 508 compliance enables students with certain physical disabilities to access the instructional content.
For typical schools, summer school programs are often a much-needed opportunity to give struggling students a chance to catch up with their peers.
As a core component of a summer school curriculum, TTM can provide one-to-one math instruction that is matched to the level and pace of every single student. TTM is designed to support struggling students by enabling them to take ownership of their work and see how they are making meaningful progress on a daily basis.
In addition, students can work on evenings and weekends, making the likelihood of success even greater!