Creating a Growth Mindset in Your Institution
Chances are you’ve heard of “growth mindset” before. It’s a popular term these days in the actual and digital hallways of education. But “growth mindset” is much more than just the flavor of the month. It’s a way of changing the culture of a learning environment, the dynamics of a classroom, and a student’s conception of her or his intelligence.
It is not enough, however, to just embrace the philosophy of a growth mindset. Yes, it sounds good – good enough to be part of a school’s mission statement. But how does it work? What does it look like in practice? This playbook will offer the answers to those questions.
Table of Contents
- 3 – Why Should You Read This Playbook?
- 4 – What You’ll Learn in This Playbook?
- 6 – Fixed Mindset vs. Growth Mindset
- 8 – What Are Some Misunderstandings About Growth Mindset?
- 9 – How Will Your Institution Benefit from Creating a Growth Mindset?
A Culture of Growth
- 11 – How to Model a Growth Mindset
- 13 – Reflect and Share
- 14 – Useful Feedback
- 15 – Obstacles You’ll Face
- 24 – Maintaining Growth